Re: F10 and no root login - impossible to maintain systems!

Benjamin LaHaise wrote:
On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 08:49:54PM -0500, Casey Dahlin wrote:
Then they don't need root.

Is it wrong that I actually /miss/ the linux community's sense of elitism? It kept us so much more sensible on so many things.

If systems didn't break we wouldn't need root, sure. But back here in reality, things aren't there yet. Disallowing root logins merely makes life hard for those of us trying to fix broken systems.

		-ben
If you aren't technical, how will you fix your own system?

--CJD