Re: comps discussion at fudcon and the future

Le Jeu 22 janvier 2009 01:14, Bill Nottingham a écrit :

> Jens Petersen (petersen redhat com) said:
>> So how about including this in yum-utils?
>
> The metadata that this uses would need to be defined and added
> somewhere
> first - hardcoding it in the plugin works for a proof-of-concept, but
> isn't
> the way we want to go long-term.

BTW if someone works on this kind of stuff it would be great if compat
packages could declare "I am a compat package, I will go away
mid-term" so that tools (rpmbuild, yum, pk...) could warn when someone
makes an operation involving those packages (adding a (build)dep on
it, etc).

--
Nicolas Mailhot