Re: Root Logins in X...

Warren Togami wrote:
> We want to stop people from logging in as root on their X desktop
> because it is almost always done out of laziness.  We want to discourage
> these lazy users from logging in as root and using desktop applications,
> which can be a dangerous thing.

Let's step back farther and ask ourselves whether discouraging users
from doing stupid things (other than running non-free software) is one
of Fedora's goals.  I certainly don't see anything to that effect at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview.

Ian Pilcher                                         arequipeno gmail com