Re: F10 and no root login - impossible to maintain systems!

Robert Scheck wrote:
On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Never once have I felt a real need to tell people to get a root X login for any reason at all.

I'm always suggesting using a terminal rather a whole X login, but we don't
life in a perfect world. We just have the reality being not perfect - so we
have to deal with such things as well.

This is a argument for always retaining the status quo no matter what. I don't buy it. If you are encouraging using a terminal rather than a root X login, then you should be supporting the current default. Those who know, what they are doing can edit the pam configuration anyway.

Rahul