updating statistics

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 20:14:54 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 8:03 AM, Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar at redhat.com> wrote:
> I was wondering, do we have any data that show how often are Fedora
> users pulling updates? There was an information about how many unique
> IP addresses hit Fedora mirrors, this had to come from somewhere.

I'm not aware of any automated analysis. I can certainly do it this
sort of thing, but I am wary of working with log data directly because
I do not want access to the raw information. I have a lot of analysis
ideas in this area. Some of which I've shared.

I'd like to be able to just pop analysis scripts into infrastructure
workflow which produce aggregate data.  To be able to do that I just
need a python object that I can iterate over which represents a time
window of mirrormanager log information. That way I could build a set
of python based analysis scripts using fake log data, and then I hand
them over to infrastructure to run at whatever frequency is deemed
appropriate..without leaking any log information to me directly.

-jef