[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [QA] To clone or not to clone ( a bug report ) that's the question...



On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin kofler chello at> wrote:

> In fact I ask this to be escalated to FESCo right NOW and to get a clear
> statement that you aren't allowed to unilaterally decide on a policy for
> the entire project. This is not Guðmundssonix, it's Fedora!

So Kevin withdrew his complaint to FESCo, but I felt like I should
still chime in here (and if the larger FESCo needs/wants to discuss
this, I'm all in favor of that).  When I started the triage process ~1
year ago, since it would affect ALL maintainers, I took it to FESCo
since that seemed the right thing to do. I still believe that any
proposal that affects maintainer workflow needs FESCo review. We
review all of the packaging guidelines that are prepared by the FPC
prior to their adoption, for example.

So if you're looking to change something, I'd take it to FESCo for approval.


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]