Re: New package from one source

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus) (forum ru bir ru) said:
I don't think shipping separate rebuilds of core system daemons that
consist of adding 66k of non-upstream patch is a good idea.
I'm completely do not understand - why we do not want provide free choose for free users?

For the same reason we don't ship non-upstream kernel modules; it's a
matter of maintenance load and coherence.
I'm afraid I don't completely understand you. About what maintenance load you are speaking?
Is there any polices or guidelines about it?