Re: New package from one source

Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus) wrote:

I'm afraid I don't completely understand you. About what maintenance load you are speaking?
Is there any polices or guidelines about it?

Any upstream deviation usually causes a higher maintenance load since the downstream patch set has to be re-based for every upstream release. For a active project like Apache, you should focus on getting the patches integrated upstream and benefiting all downstream distributions and not just Fedora.

For guidelines and policies refer

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#All_patches_should_have_an_upstream_bug_link_or_comment
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/WhyUpstream

Rahul