Re: koji build error libtinfo.so.5

Brennan Ashton wrote, at 01/24/2009 01:03 PM +9:00:
I have been noticing this in all the root.log for builds on koji both
in F10 and F11:

DEBUG util.py:250:  /bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries:
libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
DEBUG util.py:250:  error: %post(bash-3.2-30.fc10.ppc) scriptlet
failed, exit status 127

It does not appear to be fatal, but what is going on?

Regards,
Brennan Ashton

This means
- Installing bash tries to execute some bash script at %post
- To do so, (installed) bash binary needs libtinfo.so.5, i.e. before bash is installed, ncurses-libs should have already
 been installed
- However in fact ncurses-libs is not installed at this time
 (for some reason),
 so trying to execute bash script on bash %post fails

Here I guess dependency loop is happening which leads to this
broken deps.... Actually:

bash -> ncurses-libs -> glibc -> glibc-common -> bash

There may be other dependency loops.

Mamoru