Re: RPM: how to find installed differences?

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 01:10:36PM -0500, Gerry Reno wrote:
> Ok, that sort of works to get some information about which files have
> some changes. It doesn't show any new files that may have been added to
> the installation though.

Sounds as if you might be looking for something like AIDE:

http://www.cs.tut.fi/~rammer/aide.html

which I'm informed by Wikipedia is a type of "Host-based intrusion
detection system":

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Host-based_intrusion_detection_system

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v