Problems with ssh-add

Rawhide x86_64 Gnome

For something like a week now each time I run ssh-add it works fine, but
then trying to use the ssh key ssh complains

  $ ssh quelen.inf.utfsm.cl
  Error reading response length from authentication socket.
  vonbrand quelen inf utfsm cl's password:

After that, ssh just asks for the password, and:

  $ ssh-add
  Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.

I got lost in this whole business of who exactly is the autentication agent
now, so I don't know who to BZ against.
Casilla 110-V, Valparaiso, Chile 2340000       Fax:  +56 32 2797513