Re: Lack of update information

Robert Scheck wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Was very common, which is practically useless since it doesn't refer to upstream or downstream bugzillas or feature list or changelog. Would it be useful to introduce some guidelines to cover this?

Well, %changelog should be only used for RPM changes, not for upstream
ones. Something else seems abusing %changelog for me.

I wasn't talking about changelog at all but update descriptions that are put out by maintainers via bodhi. These two serve different purposes. One is brief package changelog meant more developers and other is for end users and should include upstream changes as well. If you are just copy pasting changelog information, then, yes PackageKit might as well as show that but that's not the case.

Rahul