Re: bash-4.0-rc1

Roman Rakus schrieb:
> I'm preparing bash 4.0 rc1 to rawhide. Trying to finish before freeze.
> To ensure this change as smooth as possible, everyone can read changes
> section and inform me about any issue. For now you can pick a bash from
> gnu's ftp: http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/bash/bash-4.0-rc1.tar.gz

What are the major changes that make up a new major release? All I saw
in the changelog were dozens of "Fixed X" entries and the bash website
is not very helpful either. Anything really new or any stuff that could
break existing scripts easily?

	Tim

--
    Tim Niemueller <tim niemueller de>      www.niemueller.de
 Imagination is more important than knowledge. (Albert Einstein)