Re: F10 and no root login - impossible to maintain systems!

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 7:17 PM, Shawn Starr <sstarr platform com> wrote:
[...]
I'm going to jump into this flamefest, Can we STOP with the "Mother knows best" menality in Fedora? I have needed to log in as root with X a few times.     Stop turning Fedora into a 'Ubuntu'.

Then you have done something wrong. I never used a root login on X and I administrate a lot of UNIX systems (not only LNX). There is no reason where you need it (except a wrong system installation or system design).

Regards, Thomas