Default ISA/tuning flags for GCC, --enable-kernel= level for glibc

Robert Scheck robert at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 26 16:38:30 UTC 2009

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> release.  Period.  I know that the current build infrastructure doesn't
> do this but this only means it has to change.  We have virtualization
> available, there is no excuse.

Well, we're doing AFAIK only lazy virtualization AKA para-virtualization on
our build systems, so we're using the same kernel on host system and on the
virtual machines.

That makes IMHO it more hard to replace the RHEL 5 kernel, as it affects
just everything. If we would to full virtualization, there shouldn't be any
effect to the host/base system running RHEL 5.

Greetings,
  Robert