Re: Default ISA/tuning flags for GCC, --enable-kernel= level for glibc

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 18:00 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > There is no such restriction with Xen paravirtualization. The host & guest
> > kernel have no need to be running the same version. The hypervisor ABI,
> > and device ABI is what is fixed & this is independant of kernel version.
> > You are thinking of container based virtualization where there is no
> > separate guest kernel.
>
> But Koji just uses a plain chroot, not actual virtualization at all.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

There is some confusion  here.  Many koji builders themselves are Xen
guests.  Within the guest, mock is used to generate clean chroots to
build in.  Of course, for the arches that don't support Xen, we have the
builder running on real hardware.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!