Default ISA/tuning flags for GCC, --enable-kernel= level for glibc

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Jan 26 17:40:08 UTC 2009

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> Does KVM work on CPUs that don't support hardware virtualization?
> According to its wiki, it doesn't, so users of older CPUs (for example,
> me) can't use it. Do you have any alternatives for me in Fedora?

QEMU software virtualization if you can live with the VM being 50 times
slower than a native machine (speaking from experience there, I used to do
x86_64 builds for CalcForge that way, with QEMU software virt running on a
32-bit host).

There's kmod-kqemu in RPM Fusion free which can speed things up a bit (only
32-bit on 32-bit or 64-bit on 64-bit though - you'll get away with running
32-bit code inside qemu-system-x86_64 on a 64-bit host though).

        Kevin Kofler