Re: Lack of update information

Richard W.M. Jones (rjones redhat com) said:
> > *All* of that is in the RPM header. It's not pulling anything out of the
> > file payload.
>
> So?  createrepo would need to parse a bit more of the RPM.

1) Having createrepo have to parse the entire cpio metadata to
look for a particular file would be insanely slow
2) I just picked a random package I maintain. The ChangeLog is
1.4MB uncompressed, 326k compressed. Even if that's larger than
typical, imagine scaling that out across 7000 source packages,
and then the size of the resulting XML to download...

Bill