Re: Lack of update information

Chris Weyl wrote:

Let's not make anything more difficult for the package maintainers,
eh?

In general, I certainly agree but policies weren't introduced in the last to make life harder for maintainers but easier for end users and for a small additional cost to maintainers, we can benefit end users much more. We are doing a pretty sloppy job with updates and are providing good information on why those massive amount of updates are needed for end users. Just simply pushing the latest version isn't a good reason. There must be a definite need for it and bodhi should have that information from the package maintainers. I also suggest everyone to get more co-maintainers. Certainly made life much more easier for me.

Also, as others have pointed out, the rpm %changelog is the place to
summarize changes to the _delivered_ package, not the program itself.

... and I have pointed out repeatedly that I wasn't talking about the changelog but the description field in bodhi.

Rahul