Re: Default ISA/tuning flags for GCC, --enable-kernel= level for glibc

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Default ISA/tuning flags for GCC, --enable-kernel= level for glibc
From: Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel redhat com>
Date: 01/26/2009 02:39 PM

Can we *please* wait a bit until raising the bar *that* high?  Breaking
mock builds for rawhide on F9/10 releases is a really bad idea IMHO.
Which meas supporting at least 2.6.27.  Maybe in a year when F9 is EOL
and F10 has a 2.6.29 kernel update we can reconsider 2.6.29.

cheers,
  Gerd

So when 2010 rolls around you'll be saying "pleaseeeee wait until F12 has reached EOL"?

The pain has to occur sometime.

How about rolling up to 2.6.18 right now? That shouldn't hurt anything, should it?

Make 2.6.29 a Fedora 12 priority. This shouldn't go against what you requested.