Re: Default ISA/tuning flags for GCC, --enable-kernel= level for glibc

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 14:59 -0600, Michael Cronenworth wrote:

> So when 2010 rolls around you'll be saying "pleaseeeee wait until F12
> has reached EOL"?
>
> The pain has to occur sometime.
>
> How about rolling up to 2.6.18 right now? That shouldn't hurt anything,
> should it?
>
> Make 2.6.29 a Fedora 12 priority. This shouldn't go against what you
> requested.

This is going to sound horrible coming from a Red Hat person, but
ideally we'd never lose backwards compat to the previous RHEL version.
IE we can bump it up to whatever RHEL5 supports now, and when RHEL6
ships bump it again.  This should give us a reasonable amount of
backwards compat.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!