Re: Lack of update information

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 17:29 -0600, Matthew Woehlke wrote:

> Then there are distros that believe in following upstream and shipping
> their bug-fixes and feature enhancements. I'm using my favorite one of
> those :-). Such distros, incidentally, are great for developers (/me
> waves) who need to follow upstream (due to dependencies, or just desire
> to watch upstream) but who need something more stable than rawhide.

If everybody is just throwing the latest from upstream in whatever the
feel like it, what keeps a release from being more stable than rawhide?

> Should we not release any updates without a Fedora bug being filed
> asking to upgrade to the latest upstream?

That's actually not unreasonable.  The update process should be user
driven, as in a user needs or wants something specific from the new
upstream code, we don't just install a bot to throw whatever falls out
of upstream directly at our users whether they want/need it or not.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!