Re: Lack of update information

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 01:22 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>  The problem with this: Users don't notice the cases in which upgrades
> "simply work" - They only notice the case, something already has gone wrong.

Many users notice a plethora of updates for unknown reasons that chew up
their bandwidth, cpu, and disk time while they're just trying to get
work done.  So much so that many opt out of applying updates at all,
because there are so many of them, which hurts our abilities to deliver
security updates.

People in bandwidth rich situations and with new expensive fast hardware
may not see a problem.  Those without certainly do.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!