Re: xorg.conf - what to do for an input device

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 02:59:56PM -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> Well, I finished and I included a hal rule for loading wizardpen in xorg
> 1.5.3
>
> The spec file is here:
>
> http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/specs/wizardpen.spec
>
> Do you think that would be any interest in having wizardpen in Fedora?

our current long-term approach is to get support for input devices into the
kernel and then let evdev deal with it automagically*. The times when X needed
a separate driver for each device are gone and the sooner we forget about it,
the happier we'll be.

Cheers,
  Peter

* doesn't work with all devices yet, but evdev is moving fast and is easy
enough to hack on.