Draft: simple update description guidelines

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Jan 27 19:43:53 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 11:48:45PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> * All Updates must refer to a upstream changelog or equivalent if one
> exists. Otherwise a brief description (a couple of sentence at most)
> justifying the need for an update must be provided by the maintainers
> pushing the update.

I'm happy this applies only to released versions of Fedora[1].  But I
think this should also exclude 'newpackage' updates explicitly (ie.
where a new package is added to a released version of Fedora).

Rich.

[1] Although it will certainly mean I feel much less inclined to just
upgrade any released packages unless there's a security issue.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v