Re: Draft: simple update description guidelines

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 20:49 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> Whatever:  I don't care much about this specific set of rules. It just
> seems to me a general trend that more and more rules and guidelines are
> put into place in Fedora-land; and more and more work is outsourced onto
> the packagers. Sure, some of the rules and the outsourcing is needed --
> but I find this trend very alarming.

The alarming trend is the folks who won't do things, unless there is a
guideline for them.  I hate having an abundance of guidlines just like
you do, however almost all the recent guidelines have been done in
reaction to a lack of people following "best practices".  Ergo we create
guidelines to /help/ people understand what those best practices are.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!