Re: 2009-01-29 - Fedora Test Day - Text-mode install removal

I know you are kidding, but don't end with one emmergency door.   As Dennis said:
The functionality that currently exists, really needs to remain.   Let it sleeping, but there.
I know how it works, start kidding and then....

See you there,

2009/1/27 Dennis Gilmore <dennis ausil us>
On Tuesday 27 January 2009 01:43:17 pm James Laska wrote:
> Greetings,
> Okay now that I got your attention.  Don't worry, text-mode is not going
> away.  But in order to simplify maintenance it will be greatly reduced
> in terms of functionality.
> I'd like to invite testers and users to join #fedora-qa this Thursday,
> January 29, 2009.  Test efforts will focus on:
>  * anaconda text-mode simplification
>  * Fedora 11 Alpha
> Come with questions and/or suggested test areas.
> More details will be posted to
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Test_Days/2009-01-29.
> Hope to see you there,
> James
Many secondary arches only can install via text mode.  the functionality that
currently exists Really needs to remain. there are enough limitations in it
already  vnc is not always a practical method of install.

fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list redhat com