Re: Draft: simple update description guidelines

>  * All Updates must refer to a upstream changelog or equivalent if one
> exists. Otherwise a brief description (a couple of sentence at most)
> justifying the need for an update must be provided by the maintainers
> pushing the update.
>
> * If there are downstream bugs being fixed or intended to be fixed with
> an update, it must be referred within the update. Maintainers can choose
> to let bodhi auto close bugs or close it manually as well.
>
> * For security update, add CVE information, if one exists.
>
> * It is highly recommended that package maaintainers highlight major new
> features, critical bug fixes or anything else that has a potential high
> impact on consumers of your update.

I'd suggest the tone should be less prescriptive - i.e. not so much "you
must do foo" - and also give some rationale.

e.g. "when preparing your update, consider what the user will see and
how they will decide whether they should apply the update".

Cheers,
Mark.