Re: Draft: simple update description guidelines

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Mail Lists wrote:

 A "vote" is simply a compact way of expressing an opinion - yes it is
more useful to add comments  as well, however a numerical opinion does
not exclude that. Encourage communication not discourage.

 > Focus on the issue and the information - not on how people choose to
 > express it - the 'how' is largely tangential and detracts from the
 > issues at hand.

People who vote tend to use it as a replacement for more useful feedback and to try and shout down a proposal. Even looking in this thread, it would be evident, why I discourage voting.
Yes, it's evident: You are presuming your proposal to be useful and do not want to listen to anybody not sharing your view.