Re: what requires fedora-release-notes

> Peter Vrabec (pvrabec redhat com) said:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > why does fedora-release require fedora-release-notes? There are different aims
> > to adjust package dependencies for security or minimal installation reasons.
> > For example:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Server
> >
> > I'm wondering if we can avoid fedora-release-notes in minimal installation.
> >
> > fedora-release-notes ~ 5MB
>
> Upgrades from prior releases where the release notes were in fedora-release,
> IIRC. There may be other reasons.
>
> Bill

The spec has this comment:

# We require release notes to make sure that they don't get dropped during
# upgrades, and just because we always want the release notes available
# instead of explicitly asked for

I do believe this rational came from Jeremy Katz when I took over
fedora-release and we split out the release notes from that package.

I would certainly entertain revisiting this issue.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!