what requires fedora-release-notes

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 18:17:42 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs at math.uh.edu> wrote:

> JK> I would certainly entertain revisiting this issue.
>
> I end up rebuilding fedora-release so that I can get rid of the
> fedora-release-notes dependency; one less thing I have to customize
> would be good (although I still won't be able to get away from
> rebuilding fedora-release to use different repositories).

Can you explain why you are rebuilding fedora-release?

I thought we provided generic-release package so that you don't have
to rebuild fedora-release as part of customization.  generic-release
or anything structured like it in terms of provides, should be a drop
in replacement for fedora-release.

The only packages which should be explicitly requiring
'fedora-release' instead of 'system-release' are packages which have
fedora trademarks.

if I were are going to make a custom release package for local use,
I'd start with generic-release  rename it jef-release and fill it with
the repository definitions I care about. Install jef-release, remove
fedora-release  and then enjoy life.

-jef