Re: Lack of update information

On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 21:07 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>  Guess what, people like me are using Fedora *because* of its many updates.
> That's its niche. If we start pushing only minimal updates, what
> distinguishes us from Ubuntu? They also release every 6 months. Having all
> distros work the same way means we're all forced to use the "common
> denominator" even if it doesn't fit our needs at all.

You know just as well as I do that there is reasonable middle ground
between every upstream release every where every time, and the slowness
that is CentOS or maybe even ubuntu.

All I ask is that updates are being made for actual reasons that benefit
the end user and are easy to explain to the end user, something other
than "well it has a higher number, thus it must be better."

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!