Re: New package from one source

Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus) wrote:

As I mention above, what about your first link - main apache rpm package fully ignore this guidelines!

These are more best practises and aren't part oaf the packaging guidelines except as a reference but maintainers have to ultimately make their own decisions. If you find major deviations from upstream, it is useful to talk to the maintainers and understand why.

But why you are not consider Steinar H. Gunderson as upstream amintainer of apache mpm-itk???

This is a patchset for upstream.

In any case, as maintainer of package I take care about maintenance load by this rpm. As I remember, it had not any urgent issues with adaptation to current releases of apache for the past year or even more.

P.S. I'm write mail to Steinar H. Gunderson with question why it is not in upstream...

Yes, that is the key question to get an answer for.

Rahul