Re: Draft: simple update description guidelines

Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
This would be my suggestion. It is not only less strict but also
informative. I didn't know what the description field in the Bodhi
interface does until 2 months after I started packaging stuff, because
I don't use PackageKit very often. I don't think the wiki explains
what that field is for. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Correct. This is among the things, I am trying to address with this proposal.

* The description field in the bodhi interface is what the users will see on
the PackageKit GUI regarding the significance of the update. This is not
the same thing as the SPEC file changelog. It would be nice to include the
release highlights in this field together with a URL to the upstream changelog,
if there is any.

Merged into

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Markmc/Draft_package_update_guidelines

Thank you for your useful feedback.