Re: Draft: simple update description guidelines

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
The following are a set of simple guidelines for the update descriptions
via bodhi (which is used by PackageKit to inform users of what has
changed). These guidelines are intended to help end users understand the
nature of changes in the update better. Bodhi is not used in rawhide, so
these guidelines are not applicable for rawhide updates. Note that this
is not connected to the rpm changelog.

These look good, I agree with the need for guidelines here.

The general consensus seem to push for more of a best practises document. So I am going with

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Markmc/Draft_package_update_guidelines

It appears, most maintainers only have been ignoring the description fields or not filling them properly because of lack of documentation or awareness on how it is being used. I am hoping just merging this information in the wiki and adding appropriate references would be enough to solve that problem. If not, we will deal with that, later.

Rahul