Re: Draft: simple update description guidelines

Dne Thu, 29 Jan 2009 04:19:27 +0530
Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org> napsal(a):

> The general consensus seem to push for more of a best practises
> document. So I am going with
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Markmc/Draft_package_update_guidelines
>
> It appears, most maintainers only have been ignoring the description
> fields or not filling them properly because of lack of documentation
> or awareness on how it is being used. I am hoping just merging this
> information in the wiki and adding appropriate references would be
> enough to solve that problem. If not, we will deal with that, later.

More effective than a guideline on the wiki would be to improve the
description of the Notes field in Bodhi web interface. It will help
maintainers understand the purpose of the Notes better:

https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/ticket/294

Michal