Re: Draft: simple update description guidelines

Richard Hughes wrote:
On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 19:00 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
 No, because they won't cherry-pick updates anyway. They expect the
package maintainers (== the distribution vendor) to offer updates
that just work.

You ever watched a user using Fedora on a 56k dial up connection?

Well, living one of the "white spots in Germany's DSL map", I have been using Fedora via ISDN (and later over 356k DSL) for quite some time.

The resort on updates had been to manually run updates at carefully chosen times, to share yum-caches inside of my local network and to exclude certain packages (e.g. openoffice) from updates.

Ralf