Re: Call for Ruby package maintainer

Akira TAGOH wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 01:36:00 +0100,
"JvM" == Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip kanarip com> wrote:

JvM> Are you talking ruby itself, or just "a" ruby package?

I meant ruby itself. right now what a kind of todo I have in
ruby package is:

- Update to 1.8.7
  - may need to consider updating the packaging policy as
    well since this release has additional installation path
    like perl and python has. e.g. /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby.

- Get rid of old search paths for backward compatibility
  because we should've passed through enough time to
  migrate.

- bug fixes

If you orphan the package in PackageDB, I'll pick it up so you can add yourself back as a co-maintainer.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip