Re: TeXlive 2008 in Fedora 11?

2009/1/29 Alec T. Habig <habig neutrino d umn edu>:
> If texlive is such a can of worms, why not "downgrade" to tetex?  That's
> still the RHEL tex solution.  As a latex user, I noticed no functional
> difference between the two other than that I have to go re-setup local
> configuration stuff when fedora changed from tetex to texlive.

For reference: Roughly speaking, when Jindrich put the texlive 2007
packages together, he looked at what packages were in tetex and
packaged those up - i.e. the Fedora texlive packages are a subset of
the full texlive 2007 distribution comprisiing more or less an updated
tetex.

Jonathan (Hoping Jindrich will correct me if I am wrong).