Re: look at this: samsung nc10 bootchart with mobil V2

Simo Sorce wrote:
Brian Maly (bmaly redhat com) said:
My question is simply: How do they (the intel developers) reach that
boot time without removing all those comfort services (udev etc.)?
(1) its UEFI
1) I've *NEVER* seen an EFI BIOS that wasn't abysmally slow

You have now. FastBoot is a UEFI optimization (optimization of boot flow) for sub 2-second boot time. It achieves the same thing as LinuxBIOS in this respect. LinuxBIOS which also boots in 2-3 seconds with kernel on flash chip. LinuxBIOS only initializes the services needed for the kernel to boot. Intel FastBoot does the same because it only initializes BIOS modules that are dependent the kernel being booted. UEFI and LinuxBIOS are very similar in many respects.

Brian