Re: RFC: Disabling blinking cursor by default

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:

Hi.

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 01:21:47 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:

  /**
   * GtkSettings:gtk-cursor-blink-timeout:
   *
   * Time after which the cursor stops blinking, in seconds.
   * The timer is reset after each user interaction.

So the cursor blinks at first, but then stops? I think that may confuse
people

Sounds a bit weird to me.

("My cursor is broken, it stopped blinking.")

LOL :)

As for my "vote", yes kill the annoying blinker by default, please. Upgrading to F10 caused quite some rude language down here due to the cursor blink setting moving to System -> Preferences -> Hardware -> Keyboard. I wouldn't mind if I dont to need to ever again hunt and guess the new "intuitive" place when the setting gets moved the next time.

	- Panu -