TeXlive 2008 in Fedora 11?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Jan 30 14:10:22 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 02:37:13PM +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> Well, if you handwave packaging guidelines conformance away,

It is not the point. Exceptions can be made when the cost is high and
the benefit is low. This is the case here. Now, people who are unhappy
can fill bugs (you already did it) and escalate to the list and
to FESCo for conflict resolution. Nobody stops you from putting
removal of texlive from Fedora on the FESCo agenda.

But I think that the priority is updating to texlive 2008, not strict
guideline policy conformance.

> and legal checks away, sure there are no problems and all is fine.

Legal checks were done during review, and it is an independent issue.

> This is still normal maintenance work that needs to be done by someone
> and can not be postponed indefinitely.

Sure. But removing texlive is not going to make that happen faster,
on the contrary, Fedora will certainly lose all the TeX users and
contributors, who are already very few.

--
Pat