Re: look at this: samsung nc10 bootchart with mobil V2

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Brian Maly (bmaly redhat com) said:

(1) its UEFI

1) I've *NEVER* seen an EFI BIOS that wasn't abysmally slow

You have now.

No, I still haven't. That video's from grub, not from cold boot (and
there's nothing there that actally says it's using UEFI/Fastboot.)

Bill

All UEFI systems Ive worked with boot incredibly fast. And further the Intel Moblin V2 Core's feature Fastboot on top of being UEFI (read the specs on this hardware). Further, all LinuxBIOS systems Ive worked with boot just as fast. Its not smoke and mirrors. Systems are completely capable of booting this quickly. Believe what you want though.

Brian