Package Review Stats for the week ending January 18th, 2009

Robert Scheck robert at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 30 20:57:44 UTC 2009

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, drago01 wrote:
> A maintainer[1] is (supposed to be) more that somebody with commit
> access to the package
> He/she deals with bugs, coordinate stuff with upstream, etc.

[...]

> Again I still think that the only problem that is to be solved here is
> not the "security issues" but that some people trying to block their
> packages for whatever reason.

Ehm? Which things except dealing bugs, upstream stuff etc. has a maintainer
or have the co-maintainers to handle a non-maintainer could do? And which
reason do you see not to let changes always go over the desk of maintainer
or co-maintainers (which is simply disallowing provenpackager)?

Four eyes see more than two. AFAIK the kernel people are reviewing all of
their changes and approve them various times before commiting them. Doing
this or similar things seems to be a quality enhancement to me (which comes
back to my original issue).

Greetings,
  Robert