Re: Too many unowned directories

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 22:51:59 +0200 (EET), Panu wrote:

> Rpm sets a default umask 0022 on initialization since 4.4.2.3.

That seems to be Fedora >= 9. Good to hear that.
And I can confirm it with F10!
That's one annoyance less. :)

Unremoved versioned directories after package removal is a minor issue.
The inability to RPM-verify unowned directories becomes minor if dirs
default to 0755.

> Where are you seeing inaccessible unowned directories being created?

As I recall it, I could still reproduce it end of Nov 2008 in Rawhide, but
there's a small chance I was in a shell on F8 by mistake.