Re: Too many unowned directories

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Miloslav Trmač wrote:

Jesse Keating píše v Pá 30. 01. 2009 v 13:22 -0800:
Why not fail the build if unowned directories are found, just like we do
for unowned files?  That way you catch it at build time before you try
and do something useful with the build.
How do we determine which directory is unowned and which is provided by
a dependency?  If we don't, every package would have to own /usr.

It'd be possible to turn the topmost unowned directory into a file (well, directory) dependency. Either at build time, which would cause a big pile of new file dependencies in the metadata, or rpm could generate them at runtime. The problem with runtime generated dependencies is just that yum & the like wouldn't be able to resolve them without fairly big changes.

	- Panu -