Re: Features/ArchitectureSupport - changing what we build for

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 6:18 PM, Jan Kratochvil
<jan kratochvil redhat com> wrote:
[snip]
> Guessing some software (codecs?) may fallback on 64-bit to unoptimized C code
> instead of some assembly one but Fedora would at least show the usefulness of
> the updates of such software for the x86_64 arch.

Try GLIBC:  For example, x86_64 exp() (and expf()) is *much* slower
than x86.  (At least as of my testing in Fedora 9, I haven't measured
F10… the point being that these differences can lurk in unexpected
places.

They need to be fixed in anycase, but useful to keep in mind.