Re: RFC: Disabling blinking cursor by default

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 04:42:51PM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> I'd like to see some more specific data from that test of yours (and
> your methodology).

Plug system[1] into Watts Up Pro. Allow values to stabalise at 97W.
Disable cursor blinking. Note that values now stabalise at 95W. Flick
between the two and observe that results are consistent.

[1] Quad core AMD, 8GB of RAM, Radeon X1900 graphics card running the
F10 kernel with my patches to reclock the video harwdare. I'll be
pushing these into rawhide once I've had a chance to rebase them.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59 srcf ucam org