Re: Features/ArchitectureSupport - changing what we build for

drago01 wrote:
> Yeah users should not have to search for the 64bit version, it should
> be the default with a link "For older systems click here"(32bit
> version).

+1, except it should be "For netbooks or older computers click here (32-bit
version)".

Unfortunately, most netbooks are not 64-bit capable. :-( The netbook
versions of the Atom have it disabled ("for power consumption reasons",
they say; I think there's also some differential pricing involved) and the
Celeron used on the original EeePCs and some other netbooks is also a
32-bit only version (based on the original Core Solo, AFAIK).

        Kevin Kofler