Re: Validity of the CD size limit nowadays [Re: Features/ArchitectureSupport - changing what we build for]

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 11:46 AM, drago01 <drago01 gmail com> wrote:

> Well the point is not the size of the DVD image itself but having a
> liveDVD instead of a liveCD (going away from the 700MB size limit)

Keep in mind that the same spin for all arches is produced using the
same kickstart (i.e. fedora-livecd-desktop.ks). So the technical
feasibility of keeping a LiveCD for x86 and DVD for x86_64 is nearly
nil, unless we broke up the kickstarts (which I for one am not in
favor of).